Heavenly Mountain Resort - Marriott Timber Lodge -South Lake Tahoe - Does Life Get Any Better - 34 Year Hiatus From Skiing - Love It


This photo is from the Gondola observation station.  Beautiful view - breathtaking!!  This was a perfect vacation.  I arrived on Monday in the Reno Tahoe International Airport and took the South Tahoe Express Shuttle up to Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel stop and walked over to the Marriott Timber Lodge.

Rented my skiing Monday afternoon from Powder House adjacent to the Gondola.  Very Happy with every thing.  I had not skied in 34 years.  The boots were comfortable - the skis were shorter - everything was perfect.

Heavenly Mountain Resort has fabulous employees.  They talked a somewhat concerned individual (me) into the adult 2nd lesson option.  It was perfect.  James, my instructor, was fantastic.  I had the 11:30 lesson and it turned out to be a semi-private lesson.  OMG Great!!!

It is true - it is like riding a bike.  It does all come back to you.  I met so many wonderful people on the chair lift.  So many from Germany and New York.  I was so surprised.

Empty trails about 75% of the time.  Photos to prove it.


View from looking down the run and then uphill.  This was Sam's Dream Run.  My current favorite.

Now about Heavenly Village has so many wonderful restaurants and shops plus a grocery store.  How perfect is that.  My favorite restaurant was BASE CAMP.  Wonderful aroma - we were fearful it would not live up to the expectation of the aroma.  No worries!!!  Fantastic, I went back again later in the week.  Yum!!

I am currently trying to get myself back up to Heavenly this season.  I loved it.  Here is a photo of the Gondola mountain at late dusk.


Best vacation ever!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Roger's Gardens - Farmhouse Restaurant - Newport Beach - California

Singapore!!! OMG!!! It is Amazing!!